Explore the new script ‘Create Targeted VAL’ in Strand NGS for creating subset of dbSNP database with target regions of interest and run your analysis. This feature reduces your SNP annotation time by up to 95% depending on the target regions of interest.
Strand NGS v2.7 has more exciting features. Listed below are few:
- Strand NGS v2.7 is upgraded to work with Java 1.8 and supports Mac EI Capitan OS
- New SNP caller feature ‘Low frequency SNP detection’ introduced
- Split alignment feature enhanced to support circular genome
- Additional pre-processing step ‘Split read realignment’ added to DNA-Seq workflow
- ‘Find Damaging NS Variants’ feature improved to includes:
i. Predictions from MutationAssessor, FATHMM, MetaSVM, MetaLR
ii. Allele frequency information from ExAC, ESP in addition to 1000 genomes
iii. Filtering options using conservation scores from phyloP and phastcons
- Improvements made to features like Local realignment, filtering, variant calling, jobs monitor, import/export options and many more.
To know more, please read the release notes. To enjoy these great features click on Update product from Help Menu.